This is a bit of a left turn for this blog but I am posting here so that I don’t loose it. If you have an Instant Pot (or another pressure cooker I guess) and are interested in a tasty healthy breakfast give it a try. The mashed bananas are a really nice addition and are sweet enough so that you don’t need to add any sweetener. I often double this recipe up.
- 2 bananas – nice and ripe, use frozen if you have them
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 3 1/3 cups water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 – 2 cups frozen berries or fruit – whatever you like best
- 1 apple – chopped
- Mash the bananas in a bowl until the lumps are gone. If you are using fresh bananas you could do this in the Instant Pot but I usually do it in the glass bowl that I used to microwave the frozen bananas.
- Core and chop the apple (no need to peel) and add it to the bananas.
- Add the vanilla and cinnamon to the banana apple mixture.
- Combine the oats and water in the Instant Pot.
- Add the apple banana mixture and the frozen fruit to the Instant Pot, give it a few good stirs so that it is well mixed.
- Close the instant pot (make sure it’s set to sealing) and use the manual setting on high pressure for 7 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally form the Instant Pot for about ten minutes.
- Scoop into a bowl and enjoy.